A Waste Management Plan is now a council requirement for multi-unit and non residential developments in most municipalities.
At Low Impact Development Consulting we will prepare an Operational Waste Management Plan for your multi-unit, mixed use or non-residential development, independently or in conjunction with a Demolition and Construction Waste Management Plan.
We follow local council guidelines, Development Control Plans. the Sustainability Victoria Guide to Best Practice for Waste Management in Multi Unit Developments Guidelines, the NSW EPA Better Practice Guidelines for Waste Management and Recycling in Commercial and Industrial Facilities and always liaise with councils Waste Management team once we have a satisfactory proposal.
Call or us to discuss or email your project details on pdf – we can generally confirm a written quote within 24 hours.
A small selection of waste management plans successfully completed by LID Consulting include:
- 169 apartments Garfield St Richmond – Metier 3 Architects
- 78 apartments + commercial Station St Box Hill – Romano Property Group
- 67 apartment + commercial tenancy Breese St Brunswick – Clarke Hopkins Clarke
- 61 apartments + commercial Chapel St South Yarra – Homeworks Design
- 55 apartments Heidelberg Rd Ivahoe – BG Architects
- 31 apartments + 5 townhouses Park St Moonee Ponds – Clarke Hopkins Clarke
- 26 apartments McKinnon Rd McKinnon – DO Architects
- 24 apartments Bluff Rd Hampton – Real Estate Concepts
- 20 apartments + commercial Johnson St Abbotsford – Ratio Consultants
- 14 apartments Glass St Essendon – Clarke Hopkins Clarke
- 14 apartments + commercial Nepean Hwy Aspendale – DO Architects
- 41 townhouses Dunedin St Mernda – Develco Capital
- 28 townhouses Frankston-Dandenong Rd Carrum Downs – ST Architecture
- 25 townhouses Denbeigh Court Keilor – BB Design
- Shopping Centre Dakabin Qld – Lascorp Developments Group
- Shopping Centre Kingston Downs Drive Ocean Grove – Lascorp Developments Group
- Demolition and Construction of Woolworths store – Crows Nest
- Demolition of residence McIntyre St – Gordon
- Homewares Store Gipps St Abbotsford – Contour Consultants/AN+A
- Offices Hopkins St Footscray – Castlerock Property
- Offices 6 level medical suite Martin St Heidelberg – Romano Property Group
- Offices 5 level York St South Melbourne – Clarke Hopkins Clarke
- Church + function centre Anderson’s Creek Rd Templestowe – Victorian Extension Design
An Operational Waste Management Plan as generally required by councils addresses the collection and disposal of waste generated during the operation/occupancy of multi-unit residential, retail, restaurant, commercial, mixed use, industrial, shopping centre or any larger sites.
Considering your waste management strategy early in the design development stage:
- avoids difficult re-design issues later in a project
- helps ensure best practice outcomes,
- and consequently will satisfy council planning process / DA requirements.
A good Waste Management Plan / process will also improve the recycling behaviour of apartment inhabitants by making recycling easy. The development will exist for multiple decades, so a small regular improved recycling performance of tenants becomes very significant over the life of a building. This is simple environmentalism.
A Low Impact Development (LID) Consulting Operational Waste Management Plan includes:
- A assessment of waste volume allowances for the relevant building use(s);
- An assessment of the space available for waste storage, the collection zone, and the strategy for collecting the waste;
- We recommend the most space efficient practical solution;
- We assess the feasibility of Council vs private collections;
- We recommend design inclusions for bin stores;
- We identify other management issues to be addressed such as traffic management, litter management etc
- We prepare a 1-6 page written document, plan layout, and preliminary Occupation Health ans Safety review to meet Council requirements.
At LID Consulting we can also prepare a simple to follow Construction Waste Management Plan if required. We have 15 years experience including in multi-unit and commercial design and construction so our solutions will be tailored and practical.