Demolition and Construction Waste Management Plans as generally required by councils address the collection and disposal of waste generated during the demolition and construction of multi-unit residential, retail, restaurant, commercial, mixed use, industrial, shopping centre or any larger sites.
Considering your waste management strategy prior to demolition or construction can:
- Save money
- Help ensure best practice recycling and waste minimisation outcomes
- Satisfy council planning process requirements.
A good Waste Management Plan / process will also improve the recycling behaviour of all parties involved by making recycling easy. This is simple environmentalism.
A Low Impact Development (LID) Consulting Demolition and Construction Waste Management Plan includes:
- An understanding of the construction type and materials included in the building(s) to be demolished and/or constructed;
- A discussion with the parties involved if engaged to understand current proposed waste minimisation and recycling practices
- Process improvements to help reduce waste
- An assessment of local waste processing sites and contacts
- An assessment of the space available for waste storage, the collection zone, and the strategy for collecting the waste;
- An assessment of waste volume allowances for the relevant building use(s);
- We recommend the most space efficient practical solution;
- We identify other management issues to be addressed such as traffic management, litter management etc
- We prepare a 1-6 page written document to meet Council requirements.
- Demolition and Construction of Woolworths store – Crows Nest
- Demolition & Excavation – 10 story office building – Sussex St Sydney
- Demolition of residence McIntyre St – Gordon
- Demolition of Red Cliffs Power station – Mildura
At LID Consulting we have 15 years experience including in demolition and multi-unit and commercial design and construction project management so our solutions will be tailored and practical.
“I engaged LID Consulting to prepare a Waste Management Plan for a proposed Rural Fire Station. Not only was the price competitive but the efficiency and promptness shown was great.”
Aidan Richardson – Wollondilly Shire Council NSW